Applying to Stepney Green Sixth Form
We are now accepting applications for Stepney Green Sixth Form for September 2021.
Applications can be submitted using our online application site which you can access by navigating to the Stepney Green website, clicking on 6th Form and then Apply. Alternatively, students can access the site directly using the following web address https://stepneygreen.applicaa.com/1.
Any queries please contact Ms Belaatel on email@example.com
Click the link to apply online.
Process of enrolment for 16-19 Students
The step-up from Key Stage 4 to Key Stage 5 study is often a challenging one. We provide students with a dedicated Year 12 transition programme so that their Year 12 journey is supported both academically and pastorally.
To empower all students to achieve their potential, Stepney Green students can expect:
Prior to Enrolment:
- Coffee mornings – Information for internal students.
- A rigorous entrance discussion to ensure students are applying for suitable courses to maximise their success.
- Information evenings for parents.
- Year 11 taster day.
- Summer transition tasks to lay the foundations for study and demonstrate commitment to learning.
- A weekly task set by each subject e-mailed to all applicants to help prepare for the step up to Sixth Form study between June and July.
- An enrolment interview on GCSE results day.
- An induction period during which students develop team work and study skills and meet their tutor, fellow sixth formers and the sixth form team.
- Induction to subjects.
- An initial transition period at the end of which students are assessed and subject teachers report on their suitability for their chosen courses. Course changes may be implemented if students do not pass their transition phase.
- A Stepney Green Sixth Form High Achievers Programme for potential Russell Group, Oxbridge, Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science applicants (MAGHAG).
- High quality subject teaching.
- A dedicated tutor, two UCAS tutors in Year 13 and central pastoral support.
- A comprehensive enrichment programme, including sports for all, art and leadership activities.
- A clear system of behaviour and attendance expectations.
- Supervised independent study areas with access to computers, so that students make the most of their study periods.
- 3 Formal assessment points after which a programme of subject, tutor and central sixth form team interventions are put into place, to address any underachievement.
- Early introduction to university and employment progression routes to help students plan for their future.
- Trips to support the curriculum both in the UK and in other countries.