Year 12 follow Edexcel GCSE in Mathematics 1MA1 (9-1) Mathematics
Do you need to retake GCSE Maths?
This specification encourages students to develop confidence in, and a positive attitude towards, mathematics and to recognise the importance of mathematics in their own lives and to society. This qualification prepares students to make informed decisions about the use of technology, the management of money, further learning opportunities and career choices.
This Edexcel GCSE in Mathematics gives students the opportunity to develop the ability to:
- Acquire and use problem-solving strategies
- Select and apply mathematical techniques and methods in mathematical, every day and real-world situations
- Reason mathematically, make deductions and inferences and draw conclusions
- Interpret and communicate mathematical information in a variety of forms appropriate to the information and context.
Method of assessment
- Externally assessed
- Availability: June and November
- Three written papers: each contributes 33.3% of the final grade
- Tiered papers: Foundation Tier grades 1-5 available / Higher Tier grades 5-9 available (4 allowed)
- Paper 1: Non-calculator (90 minutes)
- Paper 2 : Calculator (90 minutes)
- Paper 3: Calculator (90 minutes)